Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Look of September....if you are a Lindsay!

Now that school is in full swing, our evenings and weekends are beginning to fill up with more and more activities.

INCREDIBLE PIZZA

And it was! We went to Incredible Pizza with the DuJardins, Holmes and Johnstons for an evening of race cars, video games and playland!

Jaxson and Brigham with the characters

Jen and Riley, coming in after a good race!

Taylor and I took this picture of us in the race car. She LOVED it! We kept yelling, "Nobody beats the Lindsays!" as we raced around the track. Fun times with Tae Bug!

LATE NIGHTS
Dave and I decided about 4 years ago not to have sleep over with the neighborhood kids but to encourage a similar party. We call these "Late nights." I ended up with about 10 kids at my home. It was crazy, loud and....did I mention crazy? The kids were adorable. Good kids. I can't put a dollar amount on the value of these great families we call our neighbors.

Otterpops from the Du Jardins!

SWISS DAYS
WITH
GRANDMA BARBIE

I was excited when Barbara called to invite the kids and I to Midway for their annual Swiss Days celebration. I served my mission in Switzerland so anythings and everything to do with the Swiss country and/or culture is a place I love to be!

Swiss tacos? Swiss hamburgers? Are you freakin' kiddin' me? I laughed my head off at the names of their foods. Tacos aren't even the vocabulary of the Swiss and hamburgers are associated with McDonalds.

We had a great time with Grandma. We walked around and checked out the many booths. We ate fruit and spice cookies for lunch. The kids aren't great shoppers but acted really nice and patient while we looked around. Thanks, Grandma, for a great time!


Elex's Birthday!
We went over to Cheri's to celebrate her daughter's birthday. Here are some of the pictures I liked:

Hope and Elex had prepared games for our children even though it was Elex's birthday.

My sweet Austin

Baby girl Alyssa eating candy off the table

The cheeks haven't changed!

Dave cooking.
I took this picture to remind me of the days of yore when Dave used to BBQ on a regular basis for me!


Happy Family!

Hope is always so cute with the kids!



Jentzsch Soccer in Cedar Hills
I've been wanting to watch my cousin's son play soccer so I was excited to get a call inviting us to soccer game nearby. Brendon did a great job! We are so proud of our cousin.
The young David Beckham.......

TAYLOR LOVES UTAH!
In her 4th grade class, Taylor is studying Utah this year. We sent a pan of rice krispy treats to school and here is what she came home with!
The kids built and labeled the mountins, rivers, lakes etc. Later that day at Back-To-School Night, her teacher told me how "into" the projects the kids were. Fun times learning!

Love our baby!

AUSTIN'S 1st SOCCER GAME
For two years now, Austin has been DYING to get into a real game of soccer. And the time finally came last Saturday! Austin did great! He scored 2 goals, one for our team and one for the other. :) My favorite moment was when he was running out in front of everybody, kicking the ball toward the goal when his shoe went flying off! He ran a bit more and then sat down to figure out how to get his shoe back on.


Here is Austin kicking the ball toward the goal!

Shane is a super coach. So helpful and a great teacher.

And last......
DAVE'S NEW MOUNTAIN BIKE

My brother and Jeff on their way out on a bike ride. I've been wanting to get our entire family into biking. Now we're all set. Good times are sure to roll in.

And that's what it has been like to be in the Lindsay Family. We run around, do homework, practice the piano, READ, go to dance, soccer and Jui Jitsu....and LOVE our time together as a family.

No comments: