About a year ago, I started to panic about turning 40. On TV, you always hear, "After 40, you should worry about....." Forty also sounds a whole lot older than even 39. After my panic and meltdown, I just got excited. And here it is.
Dave went all out to create an unforgettable experience for me, the birthday celebration of a lifetime. First, he arranged a huge BBQ for our family and friends. Those who know me well know that I love BBQs about as much as anything! By the end, we counted about 75 people who attended the celebration throughout the evening. The number, however, wasn't so important as the faces. So many loved ones in my life came. It was simply marvelous.
Fav-o-right Uncle EVER!
(The Sanpete county pronunciation of "favorite" is very important here)
(The Sanpete county pronunciation of "favorite" is very important here)
There are about 50 more pictures that I could insert here but I'm out of time! Thanks to all for your sweet birthday wishes and for taking time out of your busy schedules to be with me. A special thanks goes out to Dave's mom, Barbara, for all of her help too. To anyone who Dave forgot to invite, know you are loved by the Lindsays!
Alas, I bid my 30s good-bye! Good-bye 30s! Goodbye! Thanks for being so good to me. You have filled my life with memories of 4 pregnancies, 4 births, a master's degree, as well as building and selling homes. In a nutshell, my family came to be in its entirety during my years with you.
Forward
I look forward at this point, embracing what is mine to hold for the short time it is given to me.
Forward
40s! At the end of my 40s, my oldest will have graduated from high school and I'll have two teenage sons, one of which will be able to drive. Alyssa will be 11 years old. Dave thinks he'll be bald. :)
Forward
I'm so thankful for my family, husband and loved ones. I look forward to the memories we will create together! In my 40s! :)
No more goodbyes.
Look'in forward!
Look'in forward!


4 comments:
AWWWWW Happy late birthday! April is a great birthday month! :-) Mine was the 16th! and what a great man!! That cake looked yummy, I am a chocoholic and so I want it now!
Jod, looks like you had fun! Let's get together soon, even though you are way Over the Hill! We love you! XoXo
Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was a fun celebration. Very nice of Dave.
Happy Birthday my love!!! You look sooooo good!
Post a Comment