Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Festivities 2010

The week leading up to Easter was busy, filled with fun events but kept mom running!

We spent FHE over at the Hult's home. Merideth had the kids color and decorate Easter eggs. I forgot my camera or I would show you the fun creations we made! After the activity, Merideth gave a great lesson on Easter and the resurrection. Dessert was home-made ice cream and these delicious gourmet cupcakes, compliments of Yolanda!

Friday was Jaxson's Easter party in his classroom. I had volunteered to help since I knew Jax's birthday fell on Easter and wanted to be there for him. The room mother E-mailed me and wanted to know if I'd like to be in charge of the craft. I responded that I was bringing the treat but if she would like, I could do a craft too (kind of thinking she would ask somebody else as not to overwhelm one mother). Her final E-mail went something like this: "Go ahead and take care of both." So I did. Here are some pictures of the Easter Party at Rocky Mountain.
Ms. Babb and Jax!
She had him choose 6 students, each representing a candle. At the end of the birthday song, he got to "blow" out the candles. Too cute!
Jaxson and his candles!

I found this cute little craft online that I prepared for the students. I thought I would have around 30 minutes to do the craft. At 10:30 pm the night before, Ms. Babb responded to my inquiry and informed me that I would have 8-10 minutes to help 5-6 students do the craft. AHHHHHH!!!!!! Luckily, I had a prep period from 9:15-11:00 and a great student teacher so we were able to assemble the little chicks (glue gun and all) and then the kids could make the bird nests.
Jaxson and his craft!
(Isn't that little chick a hoot? I was actually very proud of it!)

Mama and her boy! I love my son!

Julie, Austin and Chantelle

When we got to Julie's, Austin had the cutest Easter craft that Chantelle and Julie had made with the kids. Here is the picture of the handcloth rabbit and carrot with two of the angels in our lives!
So excited!

Taylor and ACTIVITY DAYS
Taylor had an activity during the week where the girls got to dress up in adult clothes and model them (modesty was the theme). Our girl had such a great time that she begged me all week to let her try on my wedding dress. Here are some pictures of her in my 10 1/2 year old dress!



Austin, age 4!
Just trying out some of the features on my camera. Alyssa makes a great model anytime!
Easter Sunday & Jaxson's Birthday on 04/04/10
The kids were up at 6 am looking for their baskets. Here are their "happy" faces!


Alyssa and her "hat" basket!

Dave brought in the boys' birthday bikes a few hours later.

Looks of shock filled their faces......
Austin was WAY excited when he saw the Spiderman on his bike!

Jaxson was kind of strange at showing his excitement throughout the day!

Easter Dinner at Grandma Barbie's and Poppie's Home
My mother-in-law loves to make Easter magical for the kids. We went to her home after conference for a celebration of both Easter and Jax's birthday.

Isn't this cake adorable? Happy 6th Birthday, Jaxson!

Always a beautiful table is set for our family.

EASTER EGG HUNT!










Our family
April 2010


Fun Aunt Cheri with Austin!

Jaxson gets his attention too!

Present time!
Jaxson was so sober during the presents. Uncertain why....?

Grandma and her Lindsay boys!

Uncle Steve and Taylor




And that's a wrap! Great day for the Lindsay family! So thankful for all which Easter represents and for the birth of our son 6 years ago during the final session of conference.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Love all of the pictures. Your kids are growing up too fast... especially that darling baby of yours! So cute!!!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

awww man I totally love your family! How cute!

We're Hatchin' said...

Happy Birthday Jaxson! It looks like you all had a great birthday/Easter! I love Taylor in your wedding dress, I'm sure she'll love to play dress-up in that all the time, huh?!