Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Has It Really Been 2 Months Since I Posted?

Oh, people! Family, friends, it has been a CRAZY couple of months around here! I haven't exercised, really cleaned my home nor slept since school started 2 months ago. To say we have been busy doesn't even begin to cover our lives as of late. Here is a quick summary of what we have been doing:

1. SOCCER. It is finally over. Fun for Jaxson, fun for his family, except for Austin who bawled each time there was practice or a game for Jax. I reminded him, he is only 3 and can play next year.

2. DANCE. Taylor takes a hip hop class on Monday night and a jazz/tap class on Tuesday evening. She LOVES them both. I guess I'll have to get over the scary dance moms.....

3. HOMEWORK. Homework in our home takes a long, long time and far more patience than I was born with. Yet I am so proud to say, we have seen much, much improvement and progression from our children!

4. READING. We read around here now. Taylor and I tackled "Charlotte's Web" together. It was a bit tough for Taylor but she flew through her new favorite book, "Sarah, Plain and Tall." Jaxson LOVES school, even though at parent/teacher conferences, his teacher told us she thinks he has ADD. Like THIS was a shock for us.....

5. MOBILE BABY. Yes, Alyssa is mobile and it is crazy now! She is everywhere. Still the cutest little monkey in the world! :)

Well, I am going to be up for the next several hours working on a new unit for the high school students which begins next week. Have to get my copies done and to copy center asap. I'll post pictures soon.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Nice to know that you've been up to lots of good and haven't collapsed instead! It's also nice to know that the "homework demons" aren't limiting themselves to our home. We'll have to chat about that so you can give me some tips!

Jenna said...

I can't imagine how busy you are. Just the mom portion is ridiculous, and then add the brand new class and gazillions of kids in all your other classes. I'm tired just reading your post. Good luck love!!!

Chantelle said...

Tell Taylor that's one of my favorites, too. Off to look for it on Amazon :)