Monday, June 22, 2009

Taylor's Baptism and Trip to Idaho!

The day after the 08-09 school year closed, Taylor was baptized. It was a gorgeous day (I need to remember to be thankful for the great weather we have had with all the events which have taken place at our home over the past 3 months!). Dave baptized her and I was asked to give a talk on the Holy Ghost at the Stake Baptism. We had so many friends and some family attend. Here are some pictures of Taylor's special day!
Poppie and Grandma Barbie
Grandparents Hatch!
The Dave & Jody Lindsay Family
Our beautiful girl! Isn't her dress just darling? :O
Some of Taylor's cousins and friends who attended!
Here are our friends and family minus a couple of people. Thanks to all who took time out of their mornings to come celebrate Taylor's special day!
Taylor and cousin Carson
Jazzy, Taylor and Susie
After the baptism, we gave Taylor a few gifts. Merideth gave her a darling baptism book for her to record her feelings. The Lindsays gave a similar book that Taylor just loves! Reuben gave her the movie "Bedtime Stories" which has been a HUGE hit in our home. Dave and I gave Taylor scriptures with her name engraved on them and I wrote a short book and had it published through shutterfly about our feelings towards Taylor and thoughts about baptism. Perhaps my favorite part of the book is the letters that Dave and I and all of her grandparents wrote to her! We included our memories of our baptisms and what it means to be members of the church. Priceless!
Yoland and Alyssa
Lots of yummy food!
It really was a long day! Poppie and Austin took a long nap!


A few days after the baptism, I took the kids up to Idaho for a visit. Since my parents are temple workers at the Logan Temple on Saturdays, it is difficult to get home for a visit during the school year since they are gone most of the time we are there. The weather was rainy and cold but we created great memories while we were there!

First, the WATERFIGHT! Dad and I discussed this and concluded that mom had more fun than the kids! :)





One moring, we drove up to the Chesterfield Historical Sight so the kids could see the townsite and go to the early 1900's store! The missionaries there were awesome and showed the kids all sorts of things, sang songs and let them see what kinds of toys they would have played with had they lived at that time.
Out in front of the store!
Jaxson's face says it all! He is eating the candy with his eyes!
Taylor and her candy selection!
Here are the head coverings my children would have worn in the early 1900s!
I don't think the bonnet - or ANY bonnet for that matter- could cover all of Alyssa's cheeks!
I love this girl's smile!

1 comment:

Andrew and Charonne- said...

i love your baby, check out those cheeks, i just wanna kiss them and pinch them and kiss them some more! I love you and your fam jody!