Many moons ago, I was challenged to create 25 things about myself. Tonight, I took on the challenge. Knowing me, since it is so late, I'll probably wake up in the morning thinking of way more things I should have said or could have described me better, but this is the best I can produce on limited sleep at 12:45 am.....
25 Things about myself
1. The smells of bananas and yogurt creep me out even though I enjoy eating them. However, when someone else is sitting near me eating either one of these items, I about gag!
2. I LOVE being from Bancroft, Idaho! I call it, being from “the promised land.” Having said that, it would be difficult to live there for me now….
3. I married a man who still melts every part of me. Still! Sure we have our differences, but ever since I first kissed him, I haven’t wanted to kiss anybody else!
4. My little family is my life! Although I wear many different hats during the day, the hat that never leaves my head is my family. I would honestly die without them!
5. I am scared of cats and birds.
6. Keith Urban is my favorite artist at the moment. He is talented, sexy.
7. I need to watch “Last of the Mohicans” with Sonja Hunt, my former BYU roommate. In the movie, the chiseled men running with their long, flowing hair changed my life…
8. I really get off teaching 7-9 grade kids! I love their funny, awkward ways and how they can’t mask the physical and mental changes happening to them. I love laughing with them and having thoughtful conversations that make them reflect.
9. I LOVE babies! Always have, always will! I love their smell, their soft skin and their little chunky bodies. During the 1st year of each of my own children’s lives, I consider it an honor to hold them and even get up in the night with them. Of course, all of that changes after age one.
10. I have a secret savings. And I think you should too! I guess my secret savings isn’t too secret because Dave knows about it and I think that is best! But I work hard to find the best deals and save a dollar here and there. What do I do with the extra? Put it away! It adds up so fast and it has come in handy several times in our marriage.
11. Jenna Flood taught me that cooking is cool! I love to make good food for my kids and am proud of the fact that my kids eat vegetables and fruit really well.
12. The only public dancing I have done in the past year occurred a month ago in my kitchen with the kids. We danced and danced to Earth, Wind and Fire’s 70s music. It was a blast and I have to say, I’ve still got moves…..!:)
13. Like Sonya Vanderwel, I can’t go to bed at night with a messy house! At least everything has to be in its place. The bathrooms can be a bit dirty but you won’t find my clothes on the floor or dirty dishes in the sink. If my house is put together, I feel like nothing limits my opportunities for a successful day!
14. My 1st kiss was at 15, in a garage in Soda Springs Idaho with a kid named Randy Cramer. He even slipped me the tongue and I thought it was kind of slimy and wondered if he would do that each time we kissed. He did. Our 2nd kiss was our last, thankfully….
15. Had I not chosen teaching as a profession, I think I could have rivaled Oprah as a talk show hostess.
16. When I was 17, I bought a calf to raise and named him Skeleton because of his cool markings similar to a skeleton face on his right side. After 3 days, I hired my younger siblings to feed my calf. Skeleton died about 4 weeks into our lives together.
17. Speaking of animals, I really have weird issues. I don’t like the smell or touch of dogs, I’ve already disclosed my fear of birds and cats and the reptile family just sends me over the edge! However, I do really, really love horses! I love their smell and love to pet and ride them.
18. Right before I graduated from BYU in education, I applied to Utah State to do an MBA. I was rejected because I didn’t have any business classes under my belt and it was suggested that I take some and reapply. As a result, I would love to get my MBA one day.
19. As a young girl, I refused to sleep in the same bed with my Grandma Nielsen. I let Jenny do that; a decision I will never regret.
20. When I was 20 yrs old, I won a state-wide talent competition. I played, “Maleguenia” on the piano. It is one of my favorite numbers to this day.
21. I love music and I love to play the piano! It soothes me. I play a little guitar and would love to pursue that more when my kids are a bit older.
22. I am nervous to see how “the sisters” will hold up after I finish nursing my 4th child. Will any of you judge me if I just look into the advantages of breast augmentation?
23. I have yet to have a professional massage and am DYING to get one! Will one of you please whisper this to Dave?
24. It was only 4 weeks ago that I realized LOL means “laugh out loud” and not “lots of love.” I guess that makes more sense. Wish I could re-read some text and E-mails I’ve deleted over the years!
25. If I could date anybody in Hollywood tonight, it would be Will Smith. We’d have a blast!
9 comments:
I felt the same way when I created my "25 things" later I thought I should change them, and now I can't remember what I put... I'll have to go and look. With that said, I loved reading yours! It's fun to read things I would never otherwise know about you. I am glad you are a great cook... we have benefitted from recipes you've passed along!
Heck no I would not judge you if you got a breast augmentation! I will FOR SURE get one if the girls aren't as great as they were before babies! Heck! I was considering doing it after this one if they don't look so great! We shall see though:) Ok.....you HAVE to get a full body massage! Maybe I need to give Dave a jingle;) I'm telling you, once you get one, you will want one ALL the time! They are wonderful! I'm so happy I tagged you to do this! That was really fun to read! I will be sure to eat bananas and yogurt right next to you next time I see you! lol! (that's laugh out loud, he he!)That's to funny! Love ya!
Can I come with you to get your "work" done!! I so want to get em "tacked up." They'd look so nice up where they belong!!! :-) Loved this post!
Happy belated birthday! I still remember how terrified of birds you are. And remember for your birthday one year John Holbrook said he was going to shave his legs and sew you a sweater? I don't know why I still remember that but I do!
Okay, I feel like I just got to know you better. I must say, I feel the same way about the animal world. I, however, don't know if I love riding horses, but I prefer large farm animals to small pesky ones.
get a boob job, i think they rock!
you've never had a massage????? Oh jody, you are so missing out, it like better than sex lol.........well maybe not better, but pretty da%*good
I did lol several times! That is hilarious that you thought it meant lots of love! I'm down with the boob job... just don't tell Suz your thinking about it, she is not a fan! I learned so many new things about you... i might just have to make a list of my own!
That last comment was from Sandy not Suz! I was signed into her account. That was probably a little confusing!
Post a Comment