Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another Act of Kindness...

You know how when you find something special, you reach out and hold on to it as tightly as possible? That is how Dave and I feel about the neighborhood we live in. We have always enjoyed our neighbors in the other homes we were in, yet having said that, there is really something special about where we are in Cedar Hills.

Last Sunday, as I sat down with the kids at church, our neighbors who were sitting in front of us turned around and informed me they were coming over on Monday night with more of our neighbors to clean our yard for a service project. I exclaimed, "Sister Gleed, you don't need to do that!" Her response was, "We know that; yet we are coming! Your husband works 7 days a week for 7-12 hours and you are pregnant and can hardly walk while trying to chase this young family, teach and try to keep your home up. We see your yard needs some trimming and we're coming over."

Sure enough, on Monday at 5:00, about 7-8 adults and 3 teenagers arrived and worked on our yard for the next 2 1/2 hours! Our rose bushes got pruned, every shrub cut back, flower bushes transplanted, weeds were extracted from the ground, tumble weed and guck pulled from the window wells.....we have a new yard! Ruben and Brother Gleed, cutting down the "weed tree" I have been bugging Dave to cut down for the past 3 years!Sister Gleed and her granddaughter, Samantha
Dana, who apparently came up with the idea to work in our yard!

See the branches go....!
Cute Bailey!
The 1st of three truck loads to the dump!
Steve, giving the bushes a haircut!

The kids favorite part of the evening was getting their tractor rides with Nana (Sister Gleed). She is known for giving rides in the back of the lawn mower to all of the neighborhood kids. They love it! And they love her!

Taylor and Jaxson riding in the cart behind Nana!

Taylor and Jaxson!
Nana and Taylor (with her Easter hat on from when she was 3)

Time to put away the tractor!

I just wanted to conclude my blog with a HUGE thanks from the bottom of my soul to our thoughtful neighbors. This kindness meant the world to us and we feel so blessed to associate with such generous-spirited friends! Love to all of you! Jody and Dave

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I'm so glad you are surrounded by these great people. It's such a blessing when others are in touch to the point that they know just the right thing to do. I'm glad they're taking good care of you.