A few weeks ago, I went up to SLC with my uncle to an amazing MOTAB concert with guest artist and conductors. When I arrived home around 11:00pm, so ill I could barely walk, I was met by the messiest kitchen in the world! Food everywhere, dishes piled high, milk spilled, popcorn out, wet bathtowels on the floor, dirty clothes on the bedroom floors etc. Where was Dave? Soaking in a bubble bath!
The next morning, I got looking at Jaxson and realized that a chunk of his hair was missing. Sometime, during the previous evening, he had given himself a haircut.

After conference, we shaved Jaxson's head. Here is the new look:
Cute, huh?
I'm not finished yet----Last night, I enjoyed a fun night out with 5 of my girlfriends from my neighborhood. We ate scrumptious gourmet pizza, salad and cobblers. When I came home, I learned that instead of a healthy dinner fixed by their father, my children ate fiber bars (9 grams per bar), popcorn and juice for dinner (all of which was left in the kitchen all over with the dirty clothes on the floor, wet towels etc). This morning, Taylor had serious "stomach" issues, Jaxson has been pooping up a storm and Austin has been his typical moody self. I got half-way to work and turned back home to deal with the issues and because I was feeling horrible myself!
So the question I have for those who stalk my blog is: Do YOU pay a similar price when you leave your kids for a few hours with their daddy?
3 comments:
well since i have no kids to leave with daddy i will tell you that i do get worried to leave presley our pup with him sometimes, here is the story: Like 6 months ago on a saturday i had to work and andrew was off at home. On my way home at 130 in the afternooni called andrew and he asked were i was, i told him i was on my way home. He said "good cause i cant find Presley" I said "what do you mean?" he said that he was outside working in the yard and came inside and was laying on the couch, well he didnt close the door all the way and Presley ran out. He was now at this point in his car driving the neighborhood. I started bauling and told him to get out of his car and start walking around and yelling his name. I was so scared because Presley is so tiny that i thought a car could hit him cause they couldnt see him or a bigger dog would get him. Well right as i was getting home i got a call that he had found him. Apparently someone saw him looking for him and aske if he was lookin for a tiny poodle, he said yes and they told him that he was in someones house. So andrew went to the house they pointed out and this sweet fam saw him and didnt want him to be in danger so they put him in thier back yard and he was plying with their weiner dog. So now when i leave andrew and presley home i find myself calling to see hoe its all going and if presley is safe!
This is my favorite! I laughed so hard! Poor kids with too much fiber! And Poor Mommy! I know how all of this works, the dad gets them in these situations & then goes off & does his own thing! It drives me nuts, but it's just how it is! Anyways, Thanks for the laugh!
When I'm away from the homestead, I have an on-going prayer in my heart that the children won't be dead or lost when I get home. And though he tries and tries, Jared can't seem to see that the toys spread all over the floor are creating a mess. Uh, "perhaps somebody needs to try harder." It's just a gentle, unsolicited suggestion I frequently offer him...just because I love him so much. Oh, and because I hate to see toys all over the house.
Although the race seems to be neck and neck, I have to say that Dave takes the award for improper nourishment of the children. Dave needs to learn the art of the burrito. I'll have Jared teach him next time we're in town.
Post a Comment