Friday, August 22, 2008

"The Host"- thanks to Stephanie Meyer (entry dedicated to Jenna Flood)

So, it has been an eventful week going back to school, trying to focus on teaching the kids German when I am constantly wondering and worrying about different character's physical existences and properties in "THE HOST." I have Stephanie Meyer to thank for this distraction. I was under the impression that this was the book from Edward's prospective so for 3 days, and 8-9 chapters, I kept wondering how it was all going to tie into him. After a lengthy discussion with one of my 9th graders, I realized that I have been reading this book so totally wrong and will, perhaps, have to reread the 1st half at a later time to understand it better now that I have risen past my state of confusion. I am a few chapters from the end and have enjoyed this read very much. Must re-read Twilight before the movie premieres.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I am laughing so hard right now. You crack me up!!! I'm so glad one of those dear kids straightened you out. You must have been seriously confused!! :-) I loved it too. Did you finish Breaking Dawn? I have been thinking about you and Lisa so much the past couple weeks. I still can't get over how weird it is that school starts without me. I miss the excitement of a brand new year. I'm dying to call you and see how it's shaping up. I will tomorrow or Mon. Love you!

Brooks and Wendy said...

You make me laugh! You'll have to let me know how you like the book, I'm thinking about reading it soon! Call me, we need to finish our discussion from last week! :)

Andrew and Charonne- said...

ok so i honestly dont read unless its for me to teach a lesson. You are so cute and nice Jody, I am so glad you are in our family, and to think that I thought you were a mean teacher in JR. High and you thought I was a brat.....memories :-)

Judy said...

Don't feel bad... I know a lot of people who made the same mistake.