Friday, February 21, 2025

2025 UFLA: "Madame President"

UFLA 2025 turned out to be pretty exciting! All Alpine School District educators were picked up as presenters. I found myself running from presentation to presentation to support my colleagues. I presented as well.

A few weeks before the conference, Dr. Bell at BYU reached out to me and said she has accomplished everything she had wanted to EXCEPT for having me run for president. I was hesitant....mainly because my job and being in YW is overwhelming....but considering Alpine splitting and understanding that teachers most likely won't have access to the amount of professional learning we have now, I felt it was time to reinvent UFLA and make it current and relevant.  So I threw my hat in and then learned that Alyssa's former French teacher was also running. 

I was elected by WL educators and professors throughout Utah as President of UFLA for the next 3 years (president elect, president, past president). I can't wait to leave my mark on Utah before I (am forced to) retire.



















 









No comments: