Thursday, March 21, 2024

Five.12 Foundation Service Project Turns Nostalgic!

When I arrived at Five.12 for a service project with the Manila Creek 8th Ward youth, I had no idea how meaningful it would be for me. About 10 minutes into the project, a handsome man approached me and asked if I was Frau Lindsay. It was Christian Holbrook, one of 5 brothers I taught at Oak Canyon. We spent the next 50 minutes talking as we moved through the assembly line again and again.  
During our conversation, Christian told me he was the only one in his family who was currently active. I asked him what made him stay. He said there were 2 things: one, when he was taking the discussions, he loved the idea that members are always trying to improve, to be more like Jesus and two, the spirit converted him and he couldn't deny that. I felt the spirit testify to me that the gospel of Jesus Christ is real. It was truly an inspired meeting and I left with a cup that runneth over.


 




No comments: