Saturday, October 9, 2021

The Alpine Loop in October----FABULOUS!!!

Between work, trainings, Austin's soccer, Alyssa's soccer, YW, Dave beginning a new business, etc, we had zero time to hike this fall.  And I was feeling it!  On a colder Saturday morning, I mentioned to Karina (a soccer mom) how upset I was about how our family's schedule wasn't allowing me to enjoy the little things I love, like the outdoors, fall leaves, and so on.  Karina encouraged me to drive up the Alpine Loop that day because she said the colors were so vibrant, it brought her to tears.
Dave and Austin were watching football.  I was feeling a little grouchy because I felt it was like the final opportunity to see the leaves in 2021 in the mountains.  Dave had started to doze off on the bed so I asked him to please take me up the loop.  He was so great to jump up and take us on one of the most beautiful drives I have ever experienced!

The yellow in the leaves was as bright as I have ever seen it!  We loved our time together, chatting about our blessings and our dreams for us and our family.  It really was the most wonderful afternoon for us!



























 

No comments: