Taylor was scheduled to both sing and speak in church. Since she was house-sitting for Connie, we met at the church at 8:20 to run through her song a few times. She was singing beautifully, but suddenly stopped out of the blue and said she was feeling light-headed. She had eaten a little bit but I wondered if nerves were kicking in. She sat down for a little bit and then tackled the song again. She wasn't very far into the song when she quit singing and said she felt like throwing up. Suddenly, she was coughing and gagging like she was going to vomit so we ran outside next to the Bishop's office where she threw up in the bushes. At that moment, I was crushed for Taylor, worried that we had created a situation that was too much for her. She asked for Dave to give her a blessing so we went into the Bishop's office where Dave gave her a beautiful blessing, asking Heavenly Father to help keep her calm so she could share the message she had prepared, both in song and word.
Sacrament meeting began and we were watching her like hawks. She kept smiling and nodding, but now I felt like throwing up! After the sacrament, Taylor stood up and gave a beautiful talk about how she saw God prevail during her mission. She spoke with confidence and maturity, heart-felt and sincere. It was just beautiful! Then it was time for her song. She just kept standing there and started to sing. Once we hit the grandiose highlight of the song, I knew it was a home run from there! Her powerful voice just filled the chapel. I felt myself tearing up in gratitude for the miracle we were witnessing from our Savior. I couldn't help but hug her on my way back down to sit with Dave. The texts and pictures of Taylor singing started to pour in from ward members.
After church, we met at our home for breakfast burritos, creme brule French toast, fruit and juice. We had a great crowd of family and loved ones come to support out glowing daughter!
Our hearts and souls are filled with gratitude for the blessing of this child. Taylor is a blessing to our family and others. We love celebrating her!














No comments:
Post a Comment