Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wrapping up an emotional school year and a Memorial Day trip to Idaho

 I was anxious to finish up this 2015-16 school year but wanted time to slow down too.  The past few months had been an emotional roller coaster for me and I just needed closure to move on.  I was invited to talk to the faculty on my last day at OCJH.  Dave and Alyssa showed up to support me, knowing I needed some extra support.  It was the perfect ending to more than 2 decades of experience in the nest.  I was given a nice basket from Kneaders and a beautiful bracelet with charms. 
 Dave and I ran over to listen to Austin's final speech on Uintah County. I could tell he was a little nervous but killed it.  When we left, he came running into the hall to hug us and tell us he had been sweating.  Ha Ha!
  
Jaxson's 6th Grade Graduation
We enjoyed celebrating Jaxson's completion of elementary school with a cool ceremony.  Grandma and Poppie were able to come too.  We are proud of Jaxson and excited to see what this new phase of his education looks like!




6 Undefeated Seasons in Soccer for Alyssa 
and the
Gummy Bears! 
Alyssa played her last game with Coach Sean Brown after school ended.  She is so talented and fun to watch!  Four goals this game! 











Memorial Day Weekend 2016 in Idaho
The kids and I had been anxious to spend time with the Hatch family in Idaho.  In fact, Alyssa had been writing for months in her school journal about going to Grandma's house, so off we went!  Justin's family was there for only 4 hours or so.  He was so great to saddle horses for the kids to ride.  Taylor and Jessica were pros of course!





 At the Saturday night dance, this cute boy asked Taylor to dance with him.  I had to snap a picture. ;)



















No comments: