It had been on our calendar for several months, with a few phone calls and text messages to make certain our commitment to come was taken seriously: Carson's play "Alladin"! The kids were super excited to have Maurie come with us and Grandma ride with us since we see both of them less than we would like to.
Carson was hilarious in the play as the genie. He had the audience laughing, eating out of the palm of his hands! I couldn't quit smiling. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Cindy watch her son act, beaming with pride and joy. It warmed my heart.
Although my husband doesn't enjoy the theater, he makes certain I don't miss the opportunities to see things I want to see. Uncle Doug gave Melissa and I front row tickets to see 42nd Street. It was an incredible show with tap dancing and singing that kept us captivated from the opening to the very end. It was truly one of the better shows we have seen. Melissa is so wonderful! I am in awe of her and her family. She and Doug center everything around their children in a healthy way that brings them together tightly, creating a safe, loving place for their children. Dave and I talk about them often, inspired to create closer familial relationships within the walls of our home.


No comments:
Post a Comment