When Cindy called me up and invited the kids down to her home for Valentine's Day weekend, I was elated! It was a dream to be at home, kid-free, for 48 hours. And on a weekend too!
Friday night was spent at the movies and out to dinner. Saturday morning, I had my clips put on my bike and cycling shoes so I can go harder and faster. Wow- what a difference they made! Dave and I went for a bike ride into Orem. We soon found ourselves biking in the neighborhood of his youth. It was a surreal experience for him. After circling around the neighborhood, Dave said, "Jody, can we just go biking down the street again. It just feels so strange to be 42 riding a bike down the street like I did when I was 7." A sweet neighbor brought out her ward list and let us look at it so Dave could see if he recognized names of families he knew in the 1970s. There were many.
From there, we biked into Lindon to catch a bite to eat. We ended up at Magelby's Fresh for some salad and sandwiches. Delicious!
For our Valentine's Day dinner, we did take out from Olive Garden and enjoyed our meal in front of our fire place. It was romantic and simply perfect!
Aunt Cindy kept sending us pictures of the memories they were creating with her in Ephraim. We were grateful for some time alone and for the fun the kids had.
No comments:
Post a Comment