Tuesday, January 27, 2015

JUST DO IT!

As 2014 came to a close, several friends of mine started to ask what my new word for 2015 would be.  "Forgiveness" ended up to be so powerful that I struggled to come up with the word to motivate me to be my best.

One thing I learned about myself in 2014 is that I let fear hold me back.  I'm not a perfectionist; however, if I don't have the ability to do something at a impressive level, I don't do it because I don't want people to see my weaknesses.  For example, I take a lot of pride in my teaching, both at work and church.  I feel good when people see me teach because I feel strong.  On the flip side, when I was challenged to bike up Canyon Heights Drive last summer, I heard myself say, "I'm scared."  Then I realized I wasn't scared that I couldn't make it; I was scared that people who might drive by while I was slowly biking (or heaven-forbid walking) up the mountain, would see that I'm not in tip top shape.  Weakness exposed!

Sometimes I get stuck in the dream, or the plan, and I wait for the perfect moment to attack, to conquer.  Over the past few months, I have said to myself, "Just do it, Jody!  Just do it and quit waiting and planning."

Therefore, my catch phrase for 2015 will be:

JUST DO IT!

No comments: