Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hatch Family Hunger Games...I mean Christmas Party!

 We met at Justin's house for our annual Hatch Family Christmas Party, complete with white elephant gifts, nativity, and a shooting competition.  Jeff suggested that the boys bring their bows and arrows which proved to be a ton of fun!  Dave was a great shot and Jana was the surprise shooter that stole the show!

I just love spending time with my family.  We aren't perfect, but we try to forgive quickly so we don't miss out on memories together.  Our Christmas party is a favorite for the season.  The kids look forward to it like no other!  The cousins play together beautifully and we all just have fun catching up since we don't live near each other anymore.

The Hatch Family Hunger Games
Dave was on fire!  The brothers reported that his shot was the best of the bunch.





After shooting and dinner, the kids played Christmas bingo for their white elephant gifts.  They had to get bingos to choose a gift.  The teenagers had their own white elephant in the corner.




Next for the adult white elephant!  It was a riot (as always).  Great gifts.  I ended up with the gift I brought- an awesome, black, furry blanket that is so warm!



At the end of the evening, Justin read from Luke 2 while the kids reverently acted out the nativity.  They were adorable in their costumes and reminded us of what the season is about.






No comments: