Sunday, September 29, 2013

Oktoberfest bei Snowbird!


Five years ago, while pregnant with Alyssa, we went to Oktoberfest at Snowbird with our kids.  The mountains were spectacularly lit with fall colors and the brats were delicious and way too expensive.  And yes, there was a TON of beer.

I wanted to go again.

So we did.

This time, only two of our children took the drive with us up to Snowbird for a few hours.  We had the most lovely time. 


Austin and Alyssa loved the lederhosen.  I had to take their picture here:



 (Do you like our rootbeer?  I swear we were the only ones not carrying around 3 liter mugs filled to the rim with German beer)

 When we arrived at the great tent, the people were doing the chicken dance.  After our kids watched round 1 of the teens doing the Kindertanz of musical chairs, they were both eager to participate!


 Alyssa was the last girl in!  She was so cute when she got out.  She pranced right over and grabbed her prize from the treasure chest.


Our Austin was one of the two finalists!  He was so excited!  I caught his expression here:

 Had Austin run closer to the chair, he would have won the grand prize!  He didn't care---he got a prize from the treasure chest!

It was a wonderful experience at Oktoberfest! 

No comments: