Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Lindsays Hit Las Vegas!

 Our trip began and ended the same way:  with Jody getting pulled over by a policeman for speeding.  :(   And I'm serious.  As we were leaving the gas station, I started this little speech, "Kids, I promised dad I won't travel faster than 70 mph on our trip.  It is more important for us to get their safely than quickly."  At that moment, Jaxson said, "Mom, there is cop with his lights on behind us."  During my speech, I had accelerated to 10 over the speed limit.  Ticket.

We stopped at Arctic Circle in St. George for dinner and some ice cream.  By the time we got to Vegas, it was dusk.  We loved on our cousins and called it a night.

Our three days in Vegas were so much fun.  As tradition held, an unusual heat wave hit Vegas the day we arrived and ended the day after we left.  We spent most of our days at splash pads, in the swimming pool and in the evenings, at the park until late. We had a blast bowling too!  In between, the cousins played so cute together!  We love Brandon, Charlotte and their beautiful family.

On our way home, we stopped in St. George to have brunch with cousin Brittney and Brandon.  It was fun to catch up with them on their lives in St. George.  Love them too!

As I came into Utah County, I hit construction so I took my cruise control off of 70 mph.  Around Springville, I jumped into the commuter lane and found a cop behind me with his lights on.  ARE YOU FREAK'IN KIDDIN' ME?????  I had accelerated to 81!  I told him I was just coming back from Vegas and so anxious to see my husband and just didn't look at my speed.  Ticket....nope!  But a HUGE lecture on being a distracted driver.  Of COURSE I'm distracted.  Do you know my kids? ;)


























No comments: