Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Wonderful Get-Away......gone a little wrong. :(

 For Spring Break, I wanted to do something special for the family so I contacted my friend, Amber, to see if we could get a good deal on a hotel in SLC and spend a few days there as a family.  She hooked us up with the Marriott at City Creek. 

We drove there after church, checked into our hotel and headed to Temple Square.  Dave met us a little later.  The flowers were just starting to blossom ....beautiful!  Taylor said she really felt the spirit there so I am thrilled it left an impression. 


 The next day, we swam and got ready for the rainy day! BOOOO!  Around 1:40pm, the boys were....ummmm....being pretty naughty.  Hyperness is something I put up with every day with from the boys but ingratitude.....I can't take it.  No.  And they were both complaining non-stop. We had put up with it for a few hours and both Dave and I landed with a "no more!"  So I called the front desk, told the receptionist my boys were being naughty and if we would be charged for a 2nd day if we checked out right then.  She told me if we could check out by 2:00pm they wouldn't charge us.  We were in the lobby by 1:51pm.  Yes we were.

 On our way home, the boys asked who they could play with when we returned home.  I responded, "No one, and the weeds in our yard are about to get picked by boys."

Yup, it happened.  I hope the boys won't forget this anytime soon. 

Here is our sweetie pie Lou Lou!  What a shining star!


No comments: