Saturday, February 23, 2013

Will You Be My Valentine?

 We enjoyed another fun Valentine's Day in our family!  I kept to tradition and made certain I decorated each bedroom door with words, phrases, "love notes" and favorite treats for each of my Valentines.  They LOVED it!

 I also did a first at work:  I brought homemade Valentines cookies for my students.  Before receiving a cookie, I asked them to tell me something they LOVED about someone else in our class.  The responses were predictable and clever.  Soo fun!

From there, Alyssa and I drove to Deerfield Elementary so we could help with Austin's class party.  He was ELATED at our presence!  Here is is coming in and seeing me:


I made certain I was in charge of his table for the activities and games.  We dipped marshmallows in white chocolate, we played "Don't Eat Pete", we drew pictures, we did a craft and passed out our Valentines.

Later in the early evening, Poppie and Grandma Barbie surprised us with a visit and homemade cookies and cupcakes.  Grandma always makes the prettiest cookies!



Later that evening, Dave and I went out for Mexican Food.  The kids had love notes for us when we came home.  I couldn't have asked for a better day-

No comments: