Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The 2011-2012 Year Comes to a Close

 Although I rarely talk about my work on my family blog, I wanted to post a few pictures from the last few days of the 11-12 school year.  My German 2/3 split class ended up to be more work than imaginable yet a huge success!  Above are the students who successfully completed the school year.
 In our yearbook, the German 2/3 class voted on the 10 best things about German.  We have an inside joke about the community where I was raised and apparently, it made #1! :)

 The Retirement of Alma Sillito
Alma closed the year with her retirement.  She and I have been neighbor teachers for my entire time at OCJH- 17 years!  She is a master teacher who reinvents herself each and every year.  I have been inspired by her as a colleague and friend.  In a few short months, her room will be filled with another Spanish teacher but she herself will never been replaced at OCJH.  Felicidades Senora Sillito!

THS German 3/4 Class
The close of this year also brought an end to my teaching over at Timpanogos High School.  My numbers at OCJH have soared again to the point I could have gone full-time had I chosen that route.  But no----won't and can't do that to my young family so I will just be at OCJH next year.  Teaching at THS has been a highlight of my career.  The high school students have been simply incredible to work with and I have loved it.  I have also had a ton of students called to Germany on LDS missions from this class as well. 

Downside:  it has been soooo much more work with an extra class to prep for and losing my prep period to running between schools, P/T conferences and such.  I am relieved to just be at OCJH next year.

Aufwiedersehen THS!  It has been a fabulous ride!

No comments: