Saturday, February 4, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday, Alyssa Jean Lindsay!

I can hardly wrap my emotions around the joy and fulfillment the past three years have brought to my heart and mind. Alyssa is the caboose in our family and it was hard to get her here. She arrived in the early afternoon of February 2nd, all 9 lbs 3 oz of her. After she had been bathed in the nursery, I remember Dave coming in and whispering to me, "Jode- she is so beautiful. She has chunky cheeks and she even has back fat."










As we brought Alyssa out and about, people always commented on how beautiful she was and those cheeks....they stole the show every time! I recall being on vacation in Vegas and walking into a casino. Within our first minute there, I heard 6 different comments like this: "Look at that baby with those cheeks! Adorable!" Later, at Disneyland, a hispanic lady came up to me and asked if her mother could touch Alyssa's cheeks. When she did, she got all teary and kept saying, "Que Linda!" It was precious.









Everybody in our family loves their "baby" so much. Even at three, the kids still haul all 43 pounds of her on their hips for Alyssa knows how to manipulate her role. She is like a warm fire to gather around.



Alyssa has an infectious laugh, sparkling eyes and is really funny. She gets us all laughing so easily and fast. She loves to give hugs and kisses to her family.










Turing 1! 2010

Fun with Aunt Cheri at Chucky-Cheese!

Clearly expressing her jealousy when I held my little niece, Zoe.


Hottest body at Bear Lake!


Having fun with big brother Austin


Alyssa turns 2: 2011!

Fun in the sun eventually wears out the little one.....


Adored by the ones who love her most!



A smile to die for!

Alyssa, we can't imagine our lives without you! Thanks for choosing to be in our family.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

She really is so beautiful Jod! I loved this post. Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Chelle said...

So fun to see pics of her from her birth until now. It's amazing to see how much a little one can change in such a short amount of time. I love that your whole family adores her so much - every child deserves to be adored! She IS the cutest thing ever. And she's so lucky to have such a great mom.