Thank you, 2010. Thank you. This year has been not been without trial, yet we end on a high.
Our children are happy, healthy and growing physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally in a positive way. Thank you, 2010, for watching over our children.
Although Dave and I have been happily married for over 11 years, we are truly in the best place we have ever known as a couple. Thank you, 2010, for the time we have been given to unify ourselves as one.
We have been blessed professionally. We have improved skills and talents within our careers. Thank you, 2010, for this humble blessing.
I end this year 25 lbs lighter than I started it. And I'm not finished......
Thank you, 2010, for helping me find my inner self and inner strength again which holds the power to achieve.
One year ago, I decided to choose a word for the new year instead of making a bunch of resolutions. The word I have had in the back of my head pretty much every day has been "Embrace."
EMBRACE
This word has been good to me. Oh so good! I have embraced moments with my family, children, friends and loved ones. I have held my baby at night, knowing that the clock ticks me further and further away from ever having an infant in my home again, and I've cherished the feel, smell and moment. I have embraced my toddler becoming a little boy. A boy who loves Star Wars, soccer and finding that he wants to be the best at the things he tries. I have embraced my time with my 6 year old, who wants to know EVERYTHING. We have read together and he still wants to hold my hand when we go into a store. I've embraced this knowing that it will come to an end far too quickly. I've embraced my girl becoming a "tween" and all of the excitement that comes with her own discovery of being older. I have embraced every dance performance and look forward to more. Last, I have embraced my husband this past year. My house hasn't been quite as clean and organized every day, and I have had lots of late nights working on things which didn't get finished during the day, BUT I made time to spend with Dave, and thus, we have grown tighter and enjoy our relationship on every new level possible.
This word has been good to me. Oh so good! I have embraced moments with my family, children, friends and loved ones. I have held my baby at night, knowing that the clock ticks me further and further away from ever having an infant in my home again, and I've cherished the feel, smell and moment. I have embraced my toddler becoming a little boy. A boy who loves Star Wars, soccer and finding that he wants to be the best at the things he tries. I have embraced my time with my 6 year old, who wants to know EVERYTHING. We have read together and he still wants to hold my hand when we go into a store. I've embraced this knowing that it will come to an end far too quickly. I've embraced my girl becoming a "tween" and all of the excitement that comes with her own discovery of being older. I have embraced every dance performance and look forward to more. Last, I have embraced my husband this past year. My house hasn't been quite as clean and organized every day, and I have had lots of late nights working on things which didn't get finished during the day, BUT I made time to spend with Dave, and thus, we have grown tighter and enjoy our relationship on every new level possible.
Thanks, 2010, for the memories!
You will go down in history as one of my favorite years!
You will go down in history as one of my favorite years!
3 comments:
Jodi, Thanks for sharing your life with me in this blog. I have enjoyed reading & watching your family grow through your blog. Life is very good & you are very blessed with a beautiful family. May the up coming year be as good & happy as this one has!
Wow I am so proud of you...25 lbs that is awesome! I seriously love your current family picture as well, your hair is really pretty like that. I can't believe its 2011...where does time go? Yay for a new year!
I love this post Jodi! It gave me chills, and all the sudden wanted me to stop time so my little babies stop growing so fast! Reading this pictured Vander one day just wanting to be all grown up and it won't be cool to hold moms hand, or Danielle wanting a boyfriend! I know this is so far down the road, but people always tell me to enjoy this time, it goes fast! I love my babies they are my greatest blessing. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, they always inspire me:) 2010 was a great year! You look great and I love your cute Christmas posts! I just love keeping in touch with you!
Post a Comment