Sunday, May 30, 2010

Last week of School! Last Week of May!

SUMMERTIME!
Summertime is here!

I would like to chronicle the last week of May, our final week of the 2009-2010 school year in pictures and words.

Monday, May 24, 2010
On the last Monday of the school year, we awoke to find this: SNOW! It has been a miserably cool/cold spring around here, but SNOW? Are you kiddin' me? This day was also Dad's 70th birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad! We called him on our way home from school to sing to him.

At home, the kids decided to play "house" by taking Alyssa, with treats and all, to watch Austin's basketball game.
They brought up chairs from the basement. Notice Jaxson's bag. I found my cell phone and iTouch in it later that evening....

Alyssa was well-taken care of for the game!
It's a 3 by Austin Lee!!!

More snow......
And more......
and MORE!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010: BASEBALL GAME FOR THE LINDSAY BOYS!
Aunt Cheri, Uncle Steve and Hope came to watch the boys play! They played hard and had the best time. Moreover, the weather was pleasant for mom and the kids!

Jaxson up to bat!

I love watching him run! He is fast and solid!

Austin is a hitter! He can really make the ball fly! Here we go......
Waiting for a good pitch from Coach Lindsay......

Missed!

It's a hit!

Run, Austin, RUN!

A smile for mom on 1st base.

May 26, 2010: Last Baseball Game of the Season for the Hooks!
And it really came to an end. After 5 weeks of biweekly practices and biweekly games, the Hooks ended their season triumphantly. One of the dads got some medals for the kids. They loved them and want to hang them on wall of their bedroom.

Jaxson- age 6

Austin, getting his medal from Coach Lindsay

HOOKS TEAM
Coach Lindsay, Coach Justice, Coach Hult and Coach Christian

Dad and his boys!

Thursday, May 27, 2010: Jaxson's Kindergarten Graduation
Jax wrapped up the year with Kindergarten graduation. Ms. Babb created a fun little chant with the kids, songs and then a movie from the school year's memories.
Ms Babb and Jaxson.
(He wouldn't put on his cap for the picture :( )

Grandma Barbie, Jaxson and Dave

And here we all are!
Friday, May 28, 2010: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
I decided not to post any pictures of this, even though I have a bunch! I wrapped up my 16th year in education on May 28th. Yes, 16. It has been an incredible journey which has allowed me to stretch and grow in every way.
Just as I always seem to do, I ran from OCJH to pick up the boys from Julie's at 10:00, met Taylor at our home at 10:20, got the kids ready for their primary water activity at the park, ran back to OCJH for an end-of-year lunch, picked up Alyssa and hurried to be home by 1:00pm for the kids. Crazy!

We swam at Yolanda and Dana's house for an hour or so before heading home.

In the evening, we invited a bunch of the kids' friends over for pizza, homemake ice cream and the making of a movie! I was exhausted from the week, but the kids ended up having a great time so I'll call it a success.

Saturday, May 29, 2010: SLEPT Sunday, May 3o, 2010: Sunday Dinner in the park
After church, Dave suggested we eat our Sunday dinner in the park behind our house. We typically don't do this but thought it would be nice since the weather hasn't permitted us to do much outside over the past 5-6 weeks. Here are some of our memories:

Our children
(Looks at the beautiful views in the background!)


Austin Lee

Jaxson David

Taylor Jae

Alyssa Jean

Baby girl and mommy!
Mimi Hansen, our darling neighbor, loved helping with Alyssa.
POPCORN BALLS!
(Thanks, cousin Charonne, for the recipe)

My main squeeze and me! :)
It's almost been 11 years now. Can't believe it....and can't imagine life without Dave. He is incredible.

Dave watching over our Turkey/Cilantro burgers

Alyssa playing with the balls!

Austin wanted to hit some balls, so we got the bag out of the truck and went for it.


Alyssa, running after the balls!


Summer is here! I can't wait to create memories with the kids.
Here's to summer 2010!

2 comments:

Diana said...

YEA for summer! Now if Mother Nature would just relize that it is that time of year! What a fun recap of the week. It made me tired just reading it. Enjoy all your time with the kidos this summer!!!

Keith and Charayye said...

Yes! I am so excited and ready for the summer to begin! great post! I love your little guy playing baseball! It will be fun to see what Vander will be into:)