Sunday, March 29, 2009

Austin Turns 3/ Sleepover in the fort/ Reading Made Fun/ Smiles from Alyssa!

Austin Turns 3!
It is hard to believe that our Austin is big boy three now! We celebrated his birthday with Poppie and Grandma Barbie and even Grandma Rae Rae was there from Idaho! Austin requested Macaroni and Cheese for supper so mom and I found and made the dish from scratch. It actually tasted pretty great! After dinner, we played some fun games like "Don't Eat Pete" and "Hot/Cold" while on the hunt for minature kit kats. It was a great evening and we all really enjoyed seeing Austin so excited and happy!
Austin blowing out the candles
Austin loves his new sister! Opening GiftsPoppie and Jaxson playing "Don't Eat Pete!"Singing to our birthday boy!
(Jaxson tried to steal the show here....)I got a bat and ball!!!!
(you all need to know that Austin has a potential profession as a baseball player. He can hit it amazingly well for being just barely 3!SLEEPING IN THE FORT
On Saturday, it was quite cold outside in the morning so the kids found a huge box in the basement to play with. The next thing I knew, it became "the fort." They LOVED cutting out doors and windows and slipping through. By nighttime, they requested a sleepover in the fort so we dragged it into the boys' room. The ceiling was off at this point, but the kids had a blast! Two of the three made it through the night! Austin came in around 3:00am and was finished with his sleepover....
READING MADE FUN!
The other night, I asked Taylor to read her books through before she read them to me. She asked if she could read to the baby. The next time I saw her, this was what I saw:
Now who wouldn't enjoy reading to an audiance like this?SMILES FROM ALYSSA!

Oh, and how she has been trying! And succeeding! It is so hard to capture the perfect smile. As I uploaded these, I thought, "Man, these pictures don't even capture how cute her smile is yet!" Oh well, another blog entry for another day.....
Another shot of Austin with his baby.

5 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

awww how fun! Paul and I like to sleep in forts hehe!

Sonya said...

What a cute family you have! I love that picture of Taylor and Alyssa.

Judy said...

Your kids are too cute! Happy Birthday to Austin. You'll have to email me that mac'n cheese recipe, every recipe you've sent me is incredible... and I'm looking for a good mac'n cheese recipe!

Keith and Charayye said...

oh your cute little family! Alyssa is soooo adorable! I'm so happy you made it to my shower!!! It was so good to see you:) And I love the little outfit! He will look so cute in it!

We're Hatchin' said...

Happy Birthday, Austin...late. It seems like the party was a blast! I guess the party just continued with a sleepover in a box. How awesome, and fun for the kids! What a cute picture of the girls! I bet Taylor absolutely loved reading to Alyssa!!